Authority changed

If I look in bloks.io and I look at my account name. All of a sudden I see that the permission of owner has changed about a month ago. No i’m unable to send transfer or stake anything in greymass.
Did I loose it al? never showed my private key somewhere.

Were you the one that changed it? If so - you’d need to also change it in Anchor, since the key change process doesn’t automatically update within the app.

If it wasn’t you and your keys were changed, there’s not much you can do. If you want to share the account name or a link to bloks, I can take a look at the account and see if I notice anything about the account.

Hi Aaron,

I think i’m screwed. I haven’t been online for a while and seems like some tricked me. I didn’t changed the keys myself.

Yeah it looks like both the active and owner keys were changed on Jan 11th, both of which are the ones needed to retain control of the account. There’s no indication of exactly what happened - but most likely someone got ahold of the key somehow and took control away from you.

The most common reason this happens is people will enter their keys in apps which appear to be legit, often time being linked from a memo on their account history, but are in fact phishing schemes designed to do this to account holders. I don’t know if that happened to you or not, but it’s one possibility.

I wish I had better news and an option for you, but I’m not sure there is one :slightly_frowning_face:

Jup, that’s exactly what happened. Opened the app after a while thinking that I logged in.
Well at least it wasn’t something like 100k. Lesson learned.