How to Deposit TLOS from Any Exchange into Anchor Wallet?

How to Deposit TLOS from Any Exchange into Anchor Wallet?

I need step-by-step directions…

Thanks!

The only bit of information you need to withdraw from an exchange is your account name. It’s the 12-character name you use when receiving tokens. Our block producer account for example has the account name of teamgreymass.

When withdrawing TLOS from an exchange, you just need to provide them with your account name. The exchange will send the tokens to the account name and you’ll be good to go.

If you’re weary of the process, one thing I commonly do is withdraw the minimum possible as a “test withdraw” to ensure I receive the funds. Then once I’ve confirmed it works, I’ll withdraw the rest. This can be a way for you to try it out before committing to withdrawing a large amount of tokens.

Oh, yes… I do have the 12-character “name”…

OK, I will test transferring $10.00 or so from the exchange to Anchor…

Which other exchanges (or companies) do you suggest that I use to purchase TLOS (Telos)?

However, I would like to learn much more about Anchor, GreyMass, TLOS, etc…

Is there an Official Guide, or YouTube, or ??? to LEARN…

Thanks Again!

Update you as I proceed…

We don’t have many recommendations for exchanges - it’s hard to recommend simply because access to them really depends on where you are in the world, and it’s difficult to keep track of who can access what, and where.

As for learning - these forums contain a decent amount of information which you can search for, which we’re aiming to contain much of the knowledge we create around our products. We haven’t started on videos yet but that’ll be something we look at in the future.

Feel free to create new forum posts with questions you may have!

Did I mistakenly setup TWO DIFFERENT ANCHOR ACCTS???

The aznadekim253 is my 12-character thing as you suggested…

The telosmd.gm is the acct that I was prompted to setup when I orginally downloaded Anchor…

Totally lost… I need directions…

aznadekim253 looks to be an account you setup through some other application. telosmd.gm is the account you created through Anchor. There’s nothing wrong with having multiple accounts, and you can have more than one loaded into most wallets at any given time.

I’m not sure what the problem or question here is.

Hi Aaron… I just looked back into my records…

I setup the first acct using the Telos website…

Then, for some reason that I do not understand, I was also prompted to setup the .gm acct…

It happened so fast that I do not actually remember what exact process I followed (since it was very new to me)…

(1) Can I simply delete one of these accts?

(2) Can I send TLOS to the .gm acct (eventhough it does not have “12-characters”?

Finally, please give me some educational references, so I can read about these:

(1) GreyMas?
(2) Anchor?
(3) Bloks.io?

There is really TOO MUCH INFO on these apps that I do not understand…

So, I need to STUDY…

There must be some User Guides or Help or Support or FAQs…

Finally, please DELETE the photos that I sent to you bc I would rather not have them publicly posted…

Thanks!

BTW… “Telos” sent me to “Anchor” which sent me to you (GreyMass)…

So… I started at Telos…

Then, I was prompted to “get a wallet before buying Telos”…

So… I clicked on “Anchor”…

Which sent me to Grey Mass…

Which prompted me to “download the Anchor Wallet”…

But, I still do not understand how I created TWO DIFFERENT ACCTS???

Any thoughts from your end as an objective advisor?

I am sumply trying to understand the logic of:

Telos > Anchor > Grey Mass > Exchanges > Anchor again?

Replying to a bunch of your messages all in one go:

You can remove it from your wallet, but there’s no “delete” for these blockchain accounts.

Yep, you can. The 12 character requirement only exists under certain conditions. I have aaron.gm for example and can send/receive funds using it. They are full featured accounts.

1. We (Greymass) are an organization that is both a block producer and developer of software. I’m not sure what sort of educational materials you want related to us, but public information about us can be found:
  1. As for Anchor, we don’t have much reference material yet. We are a small team and are focused on making the product functional, and at a later date will start generating documentation.
  2. bloks.io is managed by another organization and we are not involved in its development. I’m not sure there’s a lot of documentation there either.

Welcome to EOSIO :sweat_smile:

This is the frontier of software development right now and unfortunately is often difficult to research and understand. It’s comparable to what the internet was in the 90’s before the widespread adoption of easy to use services like AOL.

Nearly all of the knowledge and potential learning paths right now involve person-to-person learning, I’m not entirely sure I can point you to any single place where you can get familiar with these systems. Telegram, Twitter, Reddit, and forums like this are the prime location to learn.

I will just put this out there though - the ecosystem is rife with scammers trying to take advantage of new users. With that in mind:

• Never share your private keys or seed phrases with anyone, regardless of who they seem to be.
  • Never blindly sign into a website and sign a transaction unless you know and trust what is going on.
  • Question everything, you are your own bank essentially and are responsible for protecting yourself.

Ask questions of the community, learn, and be vigilant.

You created an account on their website from the looks of it. I think what they were prompting you to do is import this account you created on their website into Anchor, which is possible by importing the private key it created for you.

Instead of importing the account you created though, you created a new account through Anchor - which is fine. Again, multiple accounts isn’t a bad thing. You can have as many individual accounts as you want.

While we are involved in Telos, we aren’t involved in the processes outlined in the screenshot you shared or what message it delivers. There’s a link to the Telegram community right there in the message though, which is a much broader group of community members who can help answer questions.