How to setup Anchor Wallet from EOSAuthority

Hi Newbie here. Ive been trying to get my EOS of EOSAuthority,com after losing my Prv Key. I went through all the steps to retrieve it ( waited the 30 days ) etc. Got the email with the new Key but pretty much stuck from their. The new key isnt a “starts with 5” or “PRV”. So trying to setup a anchor wallet isnt working because it wants one of those Keys. The key starts with EOS ?

So any tips greatly appreciated.

An email? I’m not sure anyone is going to email you a private key - which raises concerns about what steps you went through and if it was possibly some sort of phishing attack. What process exactly did you go through?

Public keys are what start with EOS..., Private Keys always start with a 5.... If you don’t have the private key, you can’t access the account. The public keys are publicly sharable and don’t actually grant any access.

1 Like

Hi,
So glad ive got someone to help me with this. I have been onto this for sometime now trying to get my EOS tokens that I moved from my MEW wallet before the whole main net started. I followed all the correct prcedures and got confirmations from EOSAuthority.com. They set up an account with my EOS tokens there. I never went back for ages waiting for the whole mainnet finish. So when i did go back I saw all my tokens etc all there but were %75 were staked. However when i went to do anything to them unstake etc, I had to setup a wallet on Anchor. I did this but it always failed as my keys werent correct. I had all my original MEW keys but couldnt find my EOS Prv key that i assumed EOSAuthority created when i joined up. SO i then went through the EOS 30day wait for Lost Prv keys. On the exact 30 days I get an email saying all good your new keys are ready. The only Key their was that Public one i mentioned.
Heres their email with link obviously edited out.
"Hello,
You are getting this email because there has been progress on the account with the Lost Key reset process.
Please head to eosauthority.com/lostkey to see the latest progress and your next steps.

From
EOS Authority
Founding Block Producer "

When i log back into my account ticket is in there and updated with the new Keys. Then it goes to show you the next step, open a Anchor account and use the key. This is where it all falls down. How can you setup a Anchor Wallet with out a Prv Key ??

So any tips ?
Cheers

Ahh alright, so it was more of a notification email than it was emailing of a key. Phew! :sweat_smile:

To be candid, I’ve never gone through the process you’re describing so I’m at a bit of a loss as to exactly which step you should have been allowed to recover the account. At the start of the original 30 days, were you asked to provide a key?

I’ll drop a message to the folks at EOSAuthority, since they’ve been some of the topmost experts when it comes to this process, and see if they can provide any insight to your questions.

Same issue with me! Aaron, I’m Weston, and you’ve been trying to help me as well. I performed all the same instructions as Scotty (except a EOS 30day wait for an email) and I apparently don’t have the private keys that are required. Scotty stated:

" I moved from my MEW wallet before the whole main net started. I followed all the correct procedures and got confirmations from EOSAuthority.com. They set up an account with my EOS tokens there. I never went back for ages waiting for the whole mainnet finish. So when I did go back I saw all my tokens etc all there but were %75 were staked."

Exactly my condition when I moved from my MEW wallet.

How can we get our keys? I’m convinced I never received the proper private keys,

Like I mentioned - I’m really not sure since I’ve never been involved in that side of the ETH -> EOS migration. I asked the EOS Authority guys to chime in when I last responded, but they haven’t joined to leave a reply.

At this point I’d probably recommend asking in their telegram group:

If you’re new to Telegram, I’ll just leave a warning that you shouldn’t interact with anyone private messaging you, no matter who they claim to be. There’s a lot of scams happening in Telegram these days, which was one of the reasons we started this forum. Interact with the EOS Authority team in that public channel and I think they’ll be able to get you folks squared away.